Saturday, February 17, 2007

Thing 8 - RSS feeds & Bloglines

I did the various RSS discovery exercises and created a Bloglines account. I don't have 10 feeds yet, but I'm working on it. The truth is I wouldn't be using this in my "real life" so I don't have loads of ideas. It's a very useful thing to know, tho, and I'm sure someday I will need this.
Here is my public URL to share:
but I'm not sure if this is right. Let's test it out...
It wasn't right, but now it is:
http://www.bloglines.com/public/squeakycheese
The share button was not where the learning 2.0 blog indicated but I did find it. However it was not mentioned that I would have to specifically set up my account to be publicly viewed, which was why it didn't work at first.
Slow going sometimes, but I'm glad I'm doing this.
And now...
the bookdrop!

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

Glad you checked out RSS. It's absolutely okay if you feel this is a technology or a tool you don't expect to use right now. I remember being resistant to DVDs. Heck, I don't even have a cell phone. Looks like you're enjoying the exercises. Have fun.