Monday, February 26, 2007

Thing 8, Part 2

After I went home the day I completed Thing 8, I was thinking about the lesson and I realized that RSS is much simpler than the exercise made it seem. Maybe it's my learning style, but all the "overviews" with their technical lingo were difficult for me to focus on (it sounded way too abstract), but once I started doing it I found it was really quite easy. I learn better by being shown & then doing, so it might be me. At any rate I feel alot of time was wasted on this exercise.

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

This is good feedback to have; thanks for sharing it with us. Several people have mentioned that they didn't understand why the exercise was so complicated, so this definitely needs some revising. I think there is a place for RSS in the library world, like to notify people when we get new books in a subject they like, or for upcoming events. I think it is something we could use in the very near future.